“At Sing Music Studio, our mission is to bring a sparkle to the eyes of everyone we touch.”
Through a holistic approach to music education that supports each student’s individuality, we provide a nurturing, supportive and encouraging environment. Students thrive in our “family feel” community that is welcoming from the moment they walk in our door. Our carefully crafted programs, exceptional team training, use of technology and attention to the details that make everything sparkle are what truly make us unique. We are redefining music education. We believe that music education provides essential life skills, building better humans and it all begins with connections… to music and to each other.
We are looking for exuberant individuals to join our team in a teaching role at our studio located in the Clarkson neighbourhood of Mississauga. In this role, you will work with a dedicated team of music education faculty whose mission is to guide each student to discover their musical spark.
We seek creative, vibrant individuals who are passionate about connecting with students and team, embrace innovative ideas and technology and believe in the transformational benefits of music education for all ages.
In this role you will:
- Deliver exciting and engaging lessons and classes with a holistic approach, following the studio guidelines.
- Encourage and empower students to become their best selves authentically.
- Nurture connections with students and families that stem from empathy and drive retention.
- Connect with the team to create a community feel.
- Contribute regularly to our Trello boards used for team communication.
- Participate in professional development.
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitization of the studio space you are teaching in.
- Attend team meetings.
- Utilize technology and online resources.
Attributes for Success
We are seeking team members who thrive on educating, a passion for music, creativity and connections. To be successful in this role you must demonstrate that you have:
- A natural, warm, friendly, inclusive and welcoming approach that sets children and parents at ease, making them feel a part of the studio.
- An outgoing personality with the ability to command the room, directing a band or leading a class of young students in an exciting and engaging manner.
- Self direction, resourcefulness and the ability to think outside the box, reframing instructional concepts in order to reach all students of varying learning styles and needs.
- A punctual work-ethic that thrives on showing up early, being prepared, an attention to detail and a strong commitment to the studio.
- An eagerness to learn new software systems and are comfortable with technology.
- Excellent and professional communication skills, both verbally and written, making it easy to communicate with students, parents and team members and create a mutually respectful environment.
- A strong level of team commitment. You are generous and caring towards your fellow team members which uplifts the entire studio.
- An enjoyment of learning and growing.
- Ability to instruct piano to intermediate/advanced levels with emphasis on modern music
- Ability to instruct one or more of the following additional instruments to intermediate or advanced levels with emphasis on modern music: voice, guitar, ukulele, drums, bass
- Minimum of 1 year of teaching experience
- Comfortable instructing students age 4 through adult
- Comfortable delivering engaging 1 on 1 lessons and group classes
- Music Degree or Diploma graduate
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Skills with technology and willingness to learn and excel with new software systems
- Access to a car or reliable transportation
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check or be willing to obtain one
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Hours of work: Wednesday 3-9pm, Saturday 9am to 3pm, additional shifts may be available Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 3-9pm in addition to March Break and Summer camps
Working with Us
- We provide full systems training and instructional guidelines
- Supportive team environment
- Opportunity for promotion
- Type of position is subcontractor with part time hours
- Payment is e-transferred monthly, you must provide a monthly invoice
Payment: $24 to $30 per hour
If this feels like an opportunity that would make you sparkle, please complete the application.